Home Forums Lessons Nouns

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster
      Machado Adriana
      Participant

Завдання 1: знайдіть словосполучення з власними іменниками і перепишіть їх так, щоб власні іменники починались з великої літери
      Practice1: find the proper nouns and rewrite them with proper capitalization

1. ______ interstate highway.

1. interstate highway

Is my response correct?

Jonathan Gonzalez
        Participant

Hi Adriana

Your answer is correct because it should stay in a lower case letter since there is no name of a place. Therefore making your answer correct. You use a capitalize letter when it is a name or the beginning of a sentence.

If I didnt answer your question feel free to let me know.

Angelica Garcia

Hi Adriana

I believe your answer is incorrect.
      The correct response for this question will be America.
      The reason for this is because America has the most interstate highways ,and if we see the option that are given to us to answer this question America will make the most sense out of it. Does this answer your question?
      If im not clear enough feel free to ask me to explain it further.

Завдання 1: знайдіть словосполучення з власними іменниками і перепишіть їх так, щоб власні іменники починались з великої літери

Is this sentence correct?
      The Empire State building is huge.

Rachelle Becerra
        Participant

You are halfway there, but you forgot to capitalize the B in (b)uilding. The correct sentence would be: The Empire State Building is huge. Remember, capitalize the proper names of buildings, including the word “building” if it is an important part of the proper name.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Brissa Sil Monroy
      Participant

Does “been” always have to be used to be considered a noun and verb sentence?

Debora Izara
        Participant

“Been” is a verb since it is a past principle of “be”.

Debora Izara
      Participant

My favorite dish are Orange Chicken.

Is my question correct?

Brissa Sil Monroy
        Participant

No, the answer is ” My favorite dish is Orange Chicken”

Vicente Duenas III
        Participant

You were so close. The correct way to write it is, My favorite dish IS orange chicken.

Vicente Duenas III
      Participant

Volodymyr Zelensky has been president for three years.
      The linking verb is has been, is this correct?

Yes Vicente your answer is correct because Volodymyr Zelensky has been the president of Ukraine since May 20 2019.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.